I haven’t written any Perl in years, but this looks promising.
- An amazing real-time web framework, allowing you to easily grow single file Mojolicious::Lite prototypes into well structured web applications.
- Powerful out of the box with RESTful routes, plugins, commands, Perl-ish templates, content negotiation, session management, form validation, testing framework, static file server, first class Unicode support and much more for you to discover.
- Very clean, portable and Object Oriented pure-Perl API without any hidden magic and no requirements besides Perl 5.10.1 (although 5.18+ is recommended, and optional CPAN modules will be used to provide advanced functionality if they are installed).
- Full stack HTTP and WebSocket client/server implementation with IPv6, TLS, SNI, IDNA, Comet (long polling), keep-alive, connection pooling, timeout, cookie, multipart, proxy and gzip compression support.
- Built-in non-blocking I/O web server, supporting multiple event loops as well as optional preforking and hot deployment, perfect for embedding.
- Automatic CGI and PSGI detection.
- JSON and HTML/XML parser with CSS selector support.
- Fresh code based upon years of experience developing Catalyst.