$ beet import ~/music/ladytron Tagging: Ladytron - Witching Hour (Similarity: 98.4%) * Last One Standing -> The Last One Standing * Beauty -> Beauty*2 * White Light Generation -> Whitelightgenerator * All the Way -> All the Way...
From the Beets Github page
- Fetch or calculate all the metadata you could possibly need: album art, lyrics,
genres, tempos, ReplayGain levels, or acoustic fingerprints.
- Get metadata from MusicBrainz, Discogs, or Beatport. Or guess metadata using
songs’ filenames or their acoustic fingerprints.
- Transcode audio to any format you like.
- Check your library for duplicate tracks and albums or for albums that are missing tracks.
- Clean up crufty tags left behind by other, less-awesome tools.
- Embed and extract album art from files’ metadata.
- Browse your music library graphically through a Web browser and play it in
any browser that supports HTML5 Audio.
- Analyze music files’ metadata from the command line.
- Listen to your library with a music player that speaks the MPD protocol and
works with a staggering variety of interfaces.
- If beets doesn’t do what you want yet, writing your own plugin is shockingly
simple if you know a little Python.